Mar 22, 2009

Here and there and everywhere

If you happen to be wondering what has Tina been doing in the past week, here's a brief description ;)

On Friday evening I usually go to the Italian language course. Last Friday was particulary sweet. Wanna know the reason? Well, two of my friends from the course and myself went to try out some ice-creams just before the course. I actually took them to a gelatteria where another friend of mine took me a week ago. I was thinking it would be a shame not to spread the word of "the best ice-cream in town" to others ;) And judging from their faces I would say they loved it as much as I did ;)

After the course we went to a kind of a party (which proved to be nothing more than a dinner, but ok ;) Here's a photo..


Later we went for some chocolate tasting which proved to be an excellent way of ending the day ;)

On Saturday I was invited to join two of my students together with their family as they visit the Museum of Oriental Art. An interesting museum, indeed. I recommend it!

We continued the day at a Chinese restaurant where we had a looong talk in 3 different languages (the mother is Serbian, which enabled us to speak our own languages). It was a bit confusing, but to be honest I liked having the chance to speak Slovene again!


The week passed very quickly again and I now see it's just a matter of time before my departure will come, as well.
Anyway, on Wednesday we went partying (together with Erasmus students which was niceee ;) and on Thursday my flatmate Chiara and her boyfriend have invited me to join them for dinner at their friend's house. Giorgio (the friend) certainly is one interesting person with loads of talents. Let me explain before you start worrying ;)
Apparently, he's an expert in palm reading. Well, at least that's what he says ;)
I learned some interesting facts about my life which I wasn't aware before. Anyway, always good to find out something new about yourself ;)

Friday night we went out again- a friend of mine from England (working just outside Turin) came with another friend and we went to grab dinner together.

And Saturday.. well, on Saturday I went to Como (most famous for its lake, of course). There, I met up with Ivan. He's a Spanish guy who I first met at that meeting of Comenius Assistants in Florence. As you see, I got to know quite many people there. So those of you who will actually go abroad as assistants- do go to this meeting, you will regret not going. That's an ORDER! ;)


Como was really nice. Honestly, I didn't expect to see so many nice things there. On the way back I stopped to Milan where I had 3 hours before my train back to Turin. I went to see some other places which I could not visit a week before. Among other things, I saw one of the most prestigious shopping streets in Milan (Via Monte Napoleone). So if you happen to find yourself having 1 000 euros to spend, I suggest you stay at home. Do not come here with less than 5 000 ;)

Till next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment