Apr 15, 2009

Family visit

As it has already been mentioned I had two very special guests.. my brother and my aunt paid me a visit last week and I can conclude it really was great! Seeing them after such a long time made it even more special than it already was.

We first took a trip around Turin which was, despite the fact I know it rather well by now, interesting for me, as well. Visual material which serves as a proof I'm not just messing with you, is found below ;)
Gran Madre and the Verbic "brothers" ;)

Mia crazy zia ;)

We also took some other trips to near-by places which I haven't seen so far. Among other places we also saw Venaria Reale, also known as "The Versailles of Turin". Let me say I've been to Versailles several times so far and I find it NOTHING like Venaria (and I don't mean that in a good way ;) Sorry.. ;)

La Veneria Reale

One place which I particularly fancied was defenately Sacra di San Michele. It is also known as "The Symbolic monument of the region Piedmont" which still today served as the religious object.

Sacra di San Michele/Saint Michael’s Abbey

Sacra di San Michele/Saint Michael’s Abbey

At the moment I'm spending my Easter holidays in Slovenia with my family and friends. I love it here! Even more now than I did before going to Italy. Slovenia is undoubtedly MY HOME. And even though I'm loving my days spent in Italy, nothing can be compared to the feeling that you get upon returning home..

This Sunday I'm going back to Turin to finish off what I've started 2 and a half months ago. I'm sure saying goodbye won't be easy. Leaving new friends, collegues, experiences behind.. But then, I'm an optimist myself when it comes to the future. And so.. new experiences, here I come! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment