Apr 5, 2009

Three weeks to go..

The week that is about to finish passed extremely quickly; one of the reasons being that I only started working on Tuesday and not on Monday, as usual. Which made the whole week a day shorter ;)
As mentioned in the previous post I've been to Lyon last weekend.


As I really wanted to take full advantage of my stay there I asked my mentor if it would be possible to take a day off. Fortunately for me, she agreed ;)
This is actually something I really appreciate with this programme of Comenius Assistantship. An assistant is supposed to be working from 12-16 hours per week but the days when the work is supposed to be done are not really defined. So in a way assistants are relatively free when deciding when to work. However (and like in most cases) this also depends on the relationship that you establish with the mentor and with other school staff. I can say we have a good rapport. But then, isn't that always the case- when you're honest to someone, this someone is very likely to give his kindness back?

School was quite busy, though. I can even conclude the passing week has been one of the busiest so far. On average I worked for 4 hours per day, but when returning home there was plenty of other stuff to do... Believe it or not, it took me additional 4 hours to prepare for the lessons held in the following days. That's what I call hectic ;)
But I am now through with it and extremely happy about it ;)... did I tell you holidays start next week? Yeah, that's kind of the thing that keeps me going ;)

A classroom at Il Liceo Europeo Vittoria

At our school holidays start next Thursday and last up until the 19th of April. And so as you can see, I have a looong holidays ahead of me (and I'm sure not complaining about it ;)

Ok, so I've told you about my good, working side. However, teaching and preparing for lessons is not the only thing that I do around here (even though one might get precisely this idea ;). I do like to take time to enjoy myself, of course. To be honest, I already got the feeling that it's only a matter of time before I'll have to leave Turin and return to my sweet Slovenia. That's why I want to take full advantage of my stay here. And how do we do that? First, we go for some ice-cream tasting ;)
And so yesterday I met up with my friend Kate, again. The main purpose of this meeting of ours was to check out the new flavor of the month in one of the best gelaterias in town (GROM- I strongly advise you to remember the name! ;). But... believe it or not, this time I said no to it and only watched Kate as she enjoyed her scoop of Gianduja. I'm not saying it wasn't hard or that I did not suffer while watching her, but the thought I was able to resist it for once, makes me even happier ;)
By the way- the reason why I said no wasn't a religious one (or any other noble kind, for that matter). I was just too stuffed with other sweets that I had before ;)

Yesterday evening we went out for dinner. A friend of mine, Alex from Romania, celebrated his birthday which is why he invited us for an aperitivo. It was a very lovely evening!

And today? Well, apart for writing this post, I’m preparing myself for a very special visit. My brother and my aunt are already on the way to Turin... how cool is that? ;) We’re planning to visit some things in the city and hopefully we’ll manage to see some other cities which I have not had a chance to visit so far. And so I am expecting a very nice week! As a welcome present for them my flatmate Chiara (who is, by the way, a true expert in baking) and myself (well, I mostly did the watching part ;) baked these handome looking cookies.. Wanna a bite? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment