Feb 8, 2009

"Extra curriculum activities"

Writing about my first week here I get the impression that it has passed in no time.

Before I knew it, there was Saturday. And what happens on Saturday? Shopping! ;) Some say that getting to know the »commercial side« of life abroad is an integral part of ones foreign experience. I do agree ;) That is why I had decided to go to the biggest shopping center that there is to be found here in Turin (Le Gru). It's actually sales time at the moment and so it was a must for me to go and check it out ;) Shops were full of people, buying all the stuff they need and don't need to survive. Their shops are generally closed on Sundays and I assume this can also explain the previously mention crowd. I've also visited Ikea, which is found is the near vicitinity. Those how know me, know how much I enjoyed myself there ;)

A day before, on Friday evening I've met my friends (who are also here to do their assistanthip). I've invited them to visit me at my new temporary home and for this, I made pancakes. Considering the fact it was my first time making them, I say they turned out great ;)

We're meeting again today. This time, it's tiramisu time ;) Tiramisu as an important dessert for the Italians, we feel sort of obliged to try it out ourselves. Cultural experience, of course ;)

I'll let you know how it goes (although I guess I can already predict the results now- 4 empty plates and girls with stomach problems ;).

.. boun appetito! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment