Feb 15, 2009

Florence.


As mentioned in the previous post, I've spent my weeking in Florence. There, I attended a meeting of all Comenius Assistants who are currently doing their assistantship somewhere in Italy. Even before going there I knew it would be a great opportunity for all of us to share our experiences and possibly also some techniques of how to calm down the hoards (also known under the name Italian pupils ;). I guess I did mention the lack of discipline in Italian classes, hence the slightly provocative expression »hoard« ;)

There were about 30 of us coming from different European countries. I was the only representative of Slovenia which gave me an excellent opportunity for presenting my country. Most of them were already acquainted with it (unfortunately, only by reading about it). There were others, though, who at one point actually have visited it. Without telling me more, I kind of guessed that Slovenia was not their final destination, but only a transit country for going to Croatia. So in this aspect, we should thank the Croats for providing us with more tourists ;) I do think I did a good job promoting it. In my opinion Slovenia does not actually need a lot of promotion. It only needs a few people who had been there before. They are, indeed, the best promotion that we can possibly wish for (assuming that their experiences in Slovenia have been positive, of course ;).


For those of you who are planning to go to such an exchange (Comenius Assistansthip) in the following years, I certainly recommend going to this meeting. As mentioned, I enjoyed myself exchanging experiences with others. Giving support to some and sharing happiness and excitement with others.

This weekend has not only gave me the opportunity to meet others, but also to see the city. It was my second time in Florence and I have to admit it felt as if it was my first. I was so much impressed by the buildings, churches, bridges.. For those who haven't had a chance to see it yet, I'm posting some photos. I guess you'll find it as incredible as I did..


Without a doubt I can conclude that the passing weekend has been really great. Looking forward to the following ones! ;)

By the way- in one of the shops in the center of Florence I've discovered our genuine Slovenian milk (Alpsko mleko ;). You can imagine how happy it made me, a true dairy maniac, feel ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment